Truck Service Technician
- - Garage
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Truck Service Technician
Supervised by: Truck Service Technician Leader
This individual is responsible for general vehicle maintenance and repair of Wenger Feeds' owned vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- General commercial motor vehicle, commercial tank trailer, and small vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Handle on-call duties as scheduled.
- Other duties as determined by the Truck Service Technician Leader.
- Possess truck mechanic experience and ability to effectively diagnose and repair motor vehicles.
- Possession of a valid class Class A CDL license is preferred, along with a good driving record.
- Endorsements: 'N' Tank; Lift 'L' Air Brake Restriction.
- Completion of refrigerant course desirable.
- Possess PA Inspection License Class 7.
- Ability to handle heavy objects: tires, springs, brake drums and tools to repair vehicles, up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to work inside tank bins (confined area).
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights of 15'.
- General welding skills and ability to work with hydraulics a plus.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, encouraging safety and efficiency.
- Accurately and promptly completes all repair related paperwork, to include those related to proper inventory and parts usage.
- Perform all duties in a professional and safe manner, compliant with all governmental, Wenger Feeds, and Wenger Feeds Garage policies & procedures.