Demand Planner Manager
- - Logistics
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
The Wenger Group is looking for a Demand Planner Manager, who is an integral part of our feed manufacturing team.
The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Wenger customers, products, and services. In this position you will incorporate business intelligence and use analytical data of the company (including but not limited to operations, transportation, customer service, sales, marketing, and finance) to effectively estimate future product demands while also utilizing the Bin Sentry and Optimizer tools. In this role you will incorporate logistics optimization into the order placement process. Responsibilities include planning inventory flow, analyzing statistical data, and generating forecasting solutions. The Demand Planner will work cross-functionally to drive strategic business initiatives forward.
What your day looks like:
• Manage various processes and technology to obtain and project feed orders greater than 144 hours while managing feed demand against production capabilities
• Responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Wenger customers, products, and services.
• Learn about the customers and their ordering patterns at Wenger Feeds, involving a large amount of face-to-face customer visits.
• Create and maintain demand planning processes and practices within the Demand Planning department.
• Work cross-functionally to drive strategic business initiatives forward. Review Bin Sentry for bin inventory status and interpret when sales orders need to be placed.
• Ensure that customer orders are being entered into JDE according to bin inventory readings and Feed Optimizer feed budgets by the Customer Service.
• Oversee the feed optimizer ordering system for assigned customers.
• Ability to review and analyze historical data, sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Review mill capacity, account for any potential compression or restrictions and adjust production plans to ensure customer needs can be met.
• Manage sales orders in such a way as to build efficient transportation loads.
• Support the Customer Service Supervisor with accurate follow-up of customer information to maintain business systems.
• Perform internal communications with Nutrify, manufacturing, transportation, and sales as required.
• Communicate to customers to facilitate order management as needed.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions.
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports.
• Represent Wenger Feeds in a professional manner while building customer rapport. Work in conjunction with the Relationship Managers when strategic customer demand planning conversations need to occur.
• Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2-5 years demand planning experience in an agricultural company
• Production planning / demand planning system experience
• ERP, MTech or other system experience preferred
• Data analytics and PowerBI intermediate to expert skill level
• APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
• Attention to detail
• Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• High level of organizational skill with ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, written and verbal communication, and presentation/facilitation skills
• Proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
• Ability to manage people; people management experience preferred
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
• Self-motivated, positive attitude
• Adherence to The Wenger Group Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Quality, Safety & Stewardship
Who are we:
We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
All team members are eligible to participate in a 401(k) Plan with an employer match. Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.