Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant
- - Dairy Support
- Benton , PA, USA
- Full Time
Wenger Feeds is the largest multi-species commercial feed manufacturer in the region, with over 77 years of production experience across 10 feed mills. Wenger Feeds is well positioned to be the true partner with its customers in sustainable and profitable dairy production through effective implementation of Strategic Feed Nutrient Management program and supporting value proposition tools. Wenger Feeds' this mission is supported by its commitment to exceptional customer experience through its inhouse innovation, research and analytical capabilities and established quality, safety and environment management systems certified by ISO for over 17 years.
For its expansion in the dairy segment, Dairy Sales & Nutrition Consultant shall be responsible for leading, managing and building diary producer, independent dairy consulting relationships and dairy nutrition support associates for successful and timely achievement of the projected revenue, tonnage, customer development and market share metrics for the territory.
In this role, the individual will be serving the current customers, identifying new business opportunities through prospecting, assessing needs, and driving the farm profitability of dairy producers in the geography through services of ingredient evaluation, nutrition, ration formulation, herd management, profitability assessment, etc. The position requires acting in a responsible manner when working with sensitive and confidential material and interacting with diverse personalities across multiple internal and external functions in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and dynamic environment. The typical job functions include Customer and Market Share Development, and Dairy Nutrition and Technical Services.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Customer & Market Share Development: 60%
• Maintaining current and building deeper linkages with existing customers through exceptional support, service and by working collaboratively with feed mill manager, finance manager, expanding inroads, product extension opportunities.
• Developing and implementing a Territory strategic plan to position Wenger Feeds as the leading Dairy nutrition and feed manufacturer in the region.
• Growing the market share through active and aggressive prospecting in the geography, developing a pipeline of new customers and prospects and expanding feed sales within the current customer base.
• Developing and executing a sales, product, customer, and prospect development strategy to meet or exceed tonnage, revenue, and margin contribution goals per budget.
• Developing business partnerships with identified key dairy producers, independent dairy consultants, nutritionists, veterinarians, premix and additive manufacturers and distributors/dealers in a strategic manner - through consistent, high quality custom value propositions, multi-level and multi-function relationships, exploring new and innovative channels of building relationships.
• Reporting on a periodical basis for analysis of management, sales trends, customer feedback, market intelligence by constantly monitoring competition, understanding competitive landscape, analyzing market and customer trends, identifying new product and customer opportunities through participation in industry events, following market media, segment influencers, etc
• Presenting and representing Wenger Feeds reflecting the organizational values and establish a positive image at trade shows and industry events.
• Be responsible for timely realization of accounts receivable per terms and conditions of sale.
Dairy Nutrition & Technical Services: 40%
• Establishing a high standard of dairy nutrition, formulation, herd management and technical services that differentiates from competition; proactively assess needs and promptly provide technical solution and support to customers with significant business impact.
• Leveraging inhouse laboratory, innovation and research capabilities/resources to provide services to dairy producers in terms of ingredient, forage analysis, life stage nutrition, formulations, herd management and other support services.
• Develop deeper linkages implementing customer value proposition through Wenger's Total Feed Nutrient Management Program, Income Over Feed Cost (IOFC), Dairy Profitability Modeling Tool, as customer engagement and consultative selling techniques.
• Stay current with market developments, educate dairy producers with unique perspectives on industry dynamics, agronomy and nutrient trends, production, performance, and product compensation/remuneration trends, etc.
• Providing technical and nutrition support and training to producers, distributors, dealers and retailers as part of support services.
• Actively promoting a culture of collaborative initiatives, such as field trials, with prospects and customers to demonstrate the positive impact of Wenger Feeds nutrition programs on farm profitability.
• Staying up-to-date on and feed Management on amendments to local, state and federal regulatory requirements; changing, evolving and emerging risks related to business segment, coordinate with relevant functions and lead development and implementation of remedial actions in a timely manner.
• External: Dairy producers, Dairy Consultants, Dairy Veterinarians, Other Product Supplier Nutritionists, Industry Organizations, Regulatory authorities and Vendors.
• Internal: Manufacturing and Customer Service, Quality, Logistics, Procurement, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree in animal sciences or Agribusiness related area; a Master's degree preferable.
• 5 years' sales experience in animal feed, feed ingredients, or livestock nutrition; direct dairy production experience is highly valuable.
• Dairy nutrition and ration balancing; ability to use dairy formulation and management software.
• Ability to work with livestock, physically handling feedstuffs and related materials while working with external or internal customers.
• Proven track record of effective relationship management experience including prospecting, relationship building, closing sales, and after-sales support.
• Core personal qualities such as engaged, pro-active and an optimistic attitude, ability to hold conversations, articulate effectively for a deep and comprehensive perspective around complex customer needs and situations, be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Travel ~70% within the territory with occasional overnight stays