Grain Elevator Operator
- - Red Lion
- Red Lion , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Grain Elevator Operator
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Manager: Facility Manager
Direct Report: None
The Operations Assistant will be responsible for operating the fertilizer blend tower as well as facilitating the daily operations of both the grain elevator and the fertilizer plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes tasks in an efficient and safe manner.
- Interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Operate blend tower.
- Maintain operation of blend tower by ensuring routine maintenance and troubleshooting issues.
- When needed, answer phones and take orders.
- Direct daily operations of the facility in the absence of the manager.
- Receive and sample grain deliveries.
- Operate grain conditioning equipment.
- Participate in routine maintenance of facilities and fertilizer equipment.
- Take direction from management in tasks related to the operations of the fertilizer plant or grain elevator.
- Address errors, problems and complaints within scope of authority
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years' related experience OR an equivalent combination of related education and/or experience required
- Agronomy background or experience preferred
- Passion to serve in the ag industry is very important and ability to become familiar with seed and fertilizer products
- Proficiency in Windows based software.
- Understanding of fertilizer and agricultural practices a plus.
- Ability to take orders but also to work and stay on task without constant direct supervision.
- Prior maintenance experience or the desire to learn a plus.
- Proficient written communication skills.
- Strong oral communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively; listens effectively; obtains clarification; conveys information and ideas in understandable terms.
- Keep a clean organized work area, but be willing and able to multi-task.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong planning and organizing skills: using time efficiently; adapting to changes in the work environment; managing competing demands and changing approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to develop a safe culture.
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to climb ladders as well as stairs
- Ability to work 10-12 hours per day
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts