Relationship Manager I
- - Sales & Marketing
- 17022, PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Relationship Manager 1
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
Supervised by: Vice President and Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
Works with: Sales & Marketing staff,
Quality Department, Operations, Nutrify, Nutrition Services, and other departments as necessary
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the customer relationship with assigned accounts in specific feed market segments (poultry, swine, dairy, etc.) The difference between this position and a Relationship Manager 2 position is this position primarily works with small to medium customer accounts (no top 5 accounts) and requires less experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build and manage relationships with customers and prospects by developing a bond and connection and being the voice of the customer within The Wenger Group (TWG) as the customer liaison.
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer needs, business structure & strategy, segment & industry awareness including understanding consumer preferences, marketing trends, sales channels, and how the customer differentiates and competes in their market space.
- Attend and coordinate customer production meetings to develop feedback loops on conversion performance and take ownership of feedback within TWG to address or resolve any concerns and opportunities.
- Visit farms regularly to understand feed performance, opportunities, and gain first-hand knowledge of the customer's production site(s) and build relationships with producers.
- Develop or leverage existing opportunities to gain operational efficiencies or deepen customer connectivity that may include:
- Evaluating customer specific requirements from order placement through invoicing
- Utilizing our Nutrition Services team to evaluate and create feed products, conduct supporting lab analysis, and develop Quality Assurance controls to enhance the customer satisfaction and brand security
- Identifying synergies within TWG that would be of mutual benefit to the Company and Customer
- Be "on call" as the primary customer contact within the company and resolve customer issues promptly with the support of TWG and ensure follow-up and issues are resolved to customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain an ongoing network of communication between customers, contract producers, prospects, and related industry representatives as well as all appropriate TWG personnel.
- Develop and carry out sales strategies to successfully obtain additional feed business.
- Timely follow-up of customer accounts receivable as necessary.
- Maintain timely and thorough customer records.
- Proven track record of effective relationship management experience including prospecting, relationship building, closing sales, and after-sales support.
- Core personal qualities:
- Engaged, pro-active and an optimistic attitude
- Ability to hold conversations and ask articulate and complete questions to develop a deep comprehension and perspective around complex customer needs and situations.
- Be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Maintain periods of travel by car (occasional flying) and a flexible schedule for availability at times that meets industry or customer needs.
- Excellent skills: interpersonal skills and behaviors, verbal and written communication, group presentations, highly organized, computer capable with excel, word, power point and communication tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Animal Science, or Food Marketing
- 1-2 years' sales experience in animal feed, feed ingredients, or food marketing
- Direct production experience in the defined market segment of responsibility (poultry, swine, dairy, etc.)