- - NT Administration
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Chief Procurement Officer
The primary function of this position is to ensure ingredient availability for Feed Division and outside customers through logistical support while minimizing costs. This includes operational support for the mills and any storage or transload assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review mill inventories and adjust delivery schedule as necessary to keep receiving running smoothly for both Wenger Feeds and our suppliers.
- Complete accurate and timely scheduling and dispatching of grain, ingredient trucks and rail cars to ensure that the flow of product both inbound and outbound meets customer demands.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment.
- Negotiate with transportation providers to obtain best rates and service.
- Support all aspects of transload operations from inventory management, railcar movement, truck movement, receiving and dispatching.
- Create and manage system to monitor transportation provider service levels.
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve logistical and operational issues as needed.
- Coordinate ingredient logistical demand/issues for all Wenger Feeds facilities 24/7 as needed.
- Manage all quality concerns and ensure quality policies and procedures are enforced.
- Support and enforce safety and environmental policies and processes to ensure an injury-free workplace.
- Support Nutrify by working together with our entire team to ensure success in all the shared expectations of Nutrify.
- Leverage skills, abilities, and industry contacts to ensure a financial benefit to Nutrify as a top priority.
- To not allow WFM mills or Nutrify customers to run out of product.
- Freight and budget maximization including backhaul and storage opportunities.
- 3 -5 years of work experience in the logistics field required.
- Ability to constructively work through conflicting situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Operational experience preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully manage continuous deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills needed.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up.
- Strong computer skills with advanced Excel knowledge.
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor at all times.
- The ability to create specific results while maintaining a people first culture.
- High degree of organizational strength and ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy.