- - Logistics
- Rheems, PA, USA
- Full Time
Wenger Feeds, LLC, is a regional poultry, swine, and dairy feed manufacturer serving the Mid-Atlantic region; a member of The Wenger Group, a comprehensive Agricultural Company offering Feed, Ingredients, Eggs and Egg Marketing, Flock Services, and Pullet Growing. Wenger Feeds' customers provide diary, eggs, poulty, and pork food products to the Mid-Atlantic region, an area that comprises nearly one fifth of the U.S. population. Wenger Feeds provides 'Quality Feed for Quality Food.'
The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Wenger customers, products and services. In this position you will incorporate business intelligence and use analytical data of the company (including but not limited to operations, transportation, customer service, sales, marketing and finance) to effectively estimate future product demands while also utilizing the Bin Sentry and Optimizer tools. In this role you will incorporate logistics optimization into the order placement process. Responsibilities include planning inventory flow, analyzing statistical data, and generating forecasting solutions. The Demand Planner will work cross-functionally to drive strategic business initiatives forward.
- Responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Wenger customers, products and services.
- Create and maintain demand planning processes and practices within the Production Planning organization.
- Work cross-functionally to drive strategic business initiatives forward.
- Learn about the customers and their ordering patterns at Wenger Feeds. This will involve a minimal amount of face-to-face customer visits (phone calls if needed due to Covid).
- Review Bin Sentry for bin inventory status and interpret when sales orders need to be placed.
- Ensure that customer orders are being entered into JDE according to bin inventory readings and Feed Optimizer feed budgets by the Customer Service Demand Analyst.
- Oversee the feed optimizer ordering system for assigned customers by CSR's.
- Review historical data, sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Schedule sales orders in such a way as to build efficient and optimized transportation loads.
- Support the Customer Service Supervisor with accurate follow-up of customer information to maintain business systems.
- Interact and perform internal communications with manufacturing, transportation and sales as required.
- Place out-bound calls to customers to facilitate order management as needed.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Represent Wenger Feeds in a professional manner while building customer rapport.
- Work in conjunction with the Relationship Manager when strategic customer demand planning conversations need to occur.
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA preferred
- APICS or other forecasting Certifiction preferred
Years and Type of Experience:
- 2-5 years demand planning experience in an integrated agricultural company required
- Experience utilizing Mtech system preferred
- Production planning / demand planning system experience
- Data analytics and PowerBI intermediate to expert skill level
Key Required Skills, Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, written and verbal communication, and presentation/facilitation skills
- Attention to detail, organization, initiative, and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Business Accumen
- Deomonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Quality, Safety & Stewardship