Ingredient Buyer II
- - NT Sales & Marketing
- 17570, PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Ingredient Buyer II
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Senior Trader
The ingredient buyer II is responsible for procuring, selling and trading bulk ingredients. The Ingredient buyer II must correctly prioritize feed customer needs when procuring ingredients, while sustaining profitability to benefit both Nutrify and WFM customers. This individual's responsibilities include but are not limited to procurement (negotiation & purchasing) and contract management for bulk ingredients. Procurement transactions in this position will follow the company and customer risk management strategies to maximize returns and maintain competitive pricing. This position is responsible to ensure Wenger Feed Mill locations have adequate inventory on hand and do not run out of product while maintaining team member relationships and establishing long-term relationships with suppliers and customers. This individual will develop and execute raw material strategies, monitor quality issues, and administer corrective actions as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Purchase bulk ingredients with cost savings to prevailing market creating a focus on increasing customer profitability and retention.
- Profitably lead the increase (internally and externally) of Nutrify's sales and trading of bulk ingredients.
- Ensure that all freight opportunities are leveraged and maximized. P&L reporting on this function will need to be maintained.
- Establish and negotiate pricing for protein by-products, grain by-products, and other misc bulk feed ingredients.
- Communicate daily with Ingredient Logistics Coordinator to ensure material is on hand to avoid downtime. This position must own the ingredient/inventory shift process at the location level, directing the ILC to establish trucking as needed.
- Manage contracts, including PO/Supplier contract reconciliation and negotiating/correcting inaccuracies on receipts/invoices.
- Support ingredient supplier analysis and risk assessment plans regarding quality and performance areas.
- Purchase ingredients according to product specifications; manage vendor quality through evaluations and audits and in select customer service arrangements this position will manage customer inventory.
- Ability to maintain constructive, professional, and team-oriented working relationships with supply chain members and colleagues (both internal and external).
- Manage commodity inventories including direct ship and inventory purchases to ensure optimal profitability.
- Manage day to day operations with customers, brokers, and suppliers. Ownership of this area is vital.
- Provide training and development to others on team regarding all areas of job knowledge and skill.
- Knowledge of supply-demand economics
- Ability to relate to needs of agri-business people.
- Ability to negotiate favorable contracts.
- Ability to develop mutual trust and satisfaction with vendors and customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Requires solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- BS Degree in Ag Business or related degree preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in developing new business in both markets and customers.
- Strong customer service commitment.