Supply Chain Team Manager
- - Logistics
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Team Manager
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Master Production Planner
Direct Reports: Logistics Team
Customer Service Team
This detail and process-oriented individual will be responsible to lead the Logistics and Customer Service teams within Wenger Feeds. They will lead, coach, and represent the Logistics and Customer Service teams in the organization and communicate interdepartmentally. While managing and maintaining team SOP's and upholding accountability for process adherence.
The Logistics portion manages all aspects of WFM Transport's 24/7 Logistics operation to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of bulk animal feed, agricultural commodities, and related products. Incumbent is responsible for meeting all Logistics operational, cost and budgetary goals. Core responsibilities of this position involve the daily operation of the WFM Transport routing and scheduling functions to assure efficient and effective operational processes and productivity of routes. This individual coordinates with the Transportation Supervisor, Garage Supervisor, and all Manufacturing facilities to determine optimal driver deployments and ensure fleet equipment availability.
Customer Service portion of this role will supervise the Customer Service Representatives and ensure their compliance with the goals, standards and expectations of the company for quality customer service. This individual is responsible to develop and maintain a strong customer experience within the Customer Service functional area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interface with all levels of the organization to assure satisfactory performance of the Logistics & Customer Service teams
- Supervise and lead the Logistics and Customer Service teams in providing appropriate levels of service to internal and external customers
- Ensure that departmental SOP's are being followed and updated at a detailed level
- Follow the accountability process established when mistakes occur. Use the opportunities as a coaching moment but encourage improvement.
- Develop/continue program to follow thru on corrective actions, as needed
- Responsible for leading and coaching direct reports to set and achieve goals, while developing their innovative thinking & abilities to take on more responsibility
- Lead change management and innovation by encouraging new processes established by production planning project
- Develop & incorporate best practices & process standards with the goal of productivity improvement and increased accuracy
- Execute staffing and organizational evaluations and challenges with the assistance of the Human Resources team and Master Production Planner
- Uphold the Wenger Group core values and prioritize the Wenger Group strategic directives
Logistics Team Management:
- Provide effective supervision and support of 24/7 Logistics operation.
- Optimize safe supply chain efficiency & effectiveness through efficient customer / mill assignments and help ensure on-time delivery goals are met.
- Coordinate with Transportation Supervisor to assure optimal driver staffing levels.
- Evaluate operational requirements to determine optimal driver deployments.
- Develop and monitor annual Logistics budget for optimal financial effectiveness.
Customer Service Team Management:
- Coach, train and develop Customer Service Representatives.
- Participate in resolving ordering/manufacturing/delivery problems.
- Oversee the Senior Customer Service Representative in monitoring nutritional programs and implement changes as related to the ordering process.
- Communicate customer service issues to customer service representative(s), Master Production Planner and appropriate WFM personnel.
- Participate in maintaining Feed Optimizer accounts.
- Work with the Senior Customer Service Representative to coordinate the Veterinary Fed Directive (VFD) process as it relates to feed orders and system controls.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education Required
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of additional related education and/or experience
- Education Preferred
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in management, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- Minimum amount of experience required, if any and in what field/industry
- Minimum of 5 years' team leadership experience
- Minimum of 2 years' customer service experience
- Minimum of 2 years' Logistics/dispatch experience
- Experience preferred
- Agriculture and feed/food experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' manufacturing/production experience
- Specific to Position:
- Proven ability to hold team accountable to SOP's
- Knowledge of dispatch/logistics, transportation and customer service
- Track record of managing and coaching teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to encourage teams to communicate effectively and appropriately
- Detail oriented
- Customer friendly – internal and external customers included
- Ability to hold people accountable in a respectful and discreet manner
- Technology adept and willing to embrace new tech
- Strategic & Operating Plan: Ensures that performance is aligned with the strategic plans and able to translate into goals that build into an effective and achievable operating plan
- Change management: Strong coaching, facilitation, and hands-on skills with a strong track record of successful change management who engages team members and provides clarity to help them understand the change and seeks feedback to give them ownership.
- Critical thinking and problem solving: Demonstrated critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- Communication skills – written: Proficient written communication skills in business correspondence and other required documents; presents numerical data effectively
- Communication skills – oral: Strong oral communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively; listens effectively; obtains clarification; conveys information and ideas in understandable terms at all levels of the organization and through proper channels; participates in meetings; responds well to questions.
- Ownership and accountability: Takes ownership and accountability for mistakes, corrects and learn from them and have the ability to progress forward
- Strong planning and organizing skills/Time management: Uses time efficiently; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and changing approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Computer skills: Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft 365 programs
- Safety: Commits to developing a safe culture
- Core Values: Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values; Integrity, Quality, Respect, Safety & Stewardship.
- Management experience with demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities
- Demonstrates desire to continue in personal, professional and leadership development
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued
- Ability to collaborate and interact across all levels of the organization
- Positive attitude and able to motivate team members at all levels
- Ability to lead continuous improvement and change management in operations and service levels
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts