Dutchland Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor
- - DF Warehouse/Logistics
- Elizabethtown , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Dutchland Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Egg Marketing Services
Supervised by: Egg Marketing Services Manager
Supervises: Warehouse personnel and EMS Drivers
This individual is responsible for planning activities related to dispatching, driver schedules, warehouse worker schedules and care of Egg Marketing Services warehouse in an orderly, efficient manner reducing costs wherever possible, and in compliance with required certifications. Interact with egg customers to ensure logistical and transportation requirements are met and further grow our connectivity. Facilitating strong interdepartmental communication of team member management with TWG transportation team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Dispatch drivers and oversee total warehouse operation.
- Distinguish the difference between supplies; monitor and maintain correct inventory levels.
- Plan daily run sheets for drivers.
- Plan backhaul schedules to maximize efficiency within corporate policy.
- Schedule truck repairs and maintenance as required.
- Remain on-call as needed.
- Review business practices and procedures for efficiency and optimization of operational activities.
- Monitor and review daily log books from drivers to keep in compliance.
- Reinforce company safety policies and promote a zero-accident culture.
- Work with EMS Manager on budgets for transportation and warehouse.
- Provide backup for the Egg Marketing Services Manager as necessary.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Egg Marketing Services Manager.
- Strong detailed organizational ability
- Ability to work varied hours and "on-call"
- Experienced computer skills using Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of log book regulations and completion
- Knowledge of varied state and DOT truck laws
- Valid CDL-A license beneficial (not required)
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (50# cases of eggs, skids)
- Good communication skills
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts