Grain Elevator Operator
- - Holtwood
- Holtwood , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Grain Elevator Operator
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Manager: Risser Grain President
Direct Report: None
This position oversees the day-to-day operational activities of the grain elevator. This includes the coordination of elevator operations staff in receiving, drying, storing, quality control, and transporting grains.
- Train and supervise Elevator Operations staff and Seasonal Employees in operations and facility maintenance/upkeep.
- Must gain working knowledge of all equipment and machinery and able to instruct staff on proper usage.
- Coordinate repair/preventative maintenance work with crew.
- Communicate with grain originator and logistics personnel on grain movement
- Ensure quality at production level meets or exceeds customer standards
- Understand and enforce OSHA standards and Company Policies
- All employees have received and practice proper safety regulations, company policies and procedures
- Monitors grain condition, aeration, grain movement, cleaning operations, dryer operations, task assessments, grain inventories
- Oversees that all buildings, vehicles, equipment, and grounds are maintained and repaired, including mowing grass and trimming brush.
- Ensures the work force is available to handle the daily needs of the elevators and are informed of daily duties.
- Keep management informed on technical developments and operating improvements within the elevator.
- Settle minor grievances with employees and partner with HR where needed.
- Approve all time cards for employees under supervision.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Business preferred
- At least three years' experience in a supervisory role within the agriculture industry
- Able to drive and operate elevator equipment. Bobcat, forklift, front-end Loader.
- Good communication skills with customers and fellow employees.
- Strong Mechanical Skills
- Time Management/Planning Competencies 1. Leadership 2. Strategic Thinking 3. Results Driven 4. Business Acumen 5. Decision Making
This position has supervisory responsibility for all outside operations.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must have the ability to lift up to 75lbs. Work in confined space and at heights of 150ft plus.
A lot of the time is spent outside or in a grain elevator. Exposure to noise from machinery, alarms, and grain trucks. Exposure to a variety of weather situations when loading trucks and constant exposure to grain dust. Frequent exposure to moving, mechanical parts in elevator and on grain trucks.