CDL Feed Truck Driver (Part Time)
- - FH Massey
- Massey , MD, USA
- Part Time
JOB TITLE: Feed Truck Driver
Supervised by: Transportation Supervisor
This CDL truck driver position is eligible for a $3,000 sign on bonus and a tuition reimbursement program. This individual is responsible to load, transport and unload feed between the mill and the customer, ensuring the care of company and customer property. Additionally, based on operational demand, drivers will be routed between manufacturing locations, resulting in deliveries outside of their normal delivery area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection - assuring the safety of the vehicle.
- Drive in a safe manner.
- Load the correct feed from the appropriate bin, close bin and visually check the quality of feed and take sample of each order delivered - follow proper feed sampling procedures and wear required safety equipment.
- Deliver feed to correct farm and bin number in a timely and efficient manner.
- Report, clean up and properly dispose of feed spills.
- Maintain a clean and orderly vehicle and inform supervisor of vehicle problems.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance.
- Maintain proper company image on highway and on farm (e.g., proper equipment maintenance and attire).
- Report any problems observed in dealing with customers.
- At times, deliver loads of a Gross Weight of 95,000 lbs.
- Perform all duties to assure high quality CSA scores are maintained.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Valid (Class A) CDL and good driving record
- Endorsements "N" Tank; Air Brakes
- Ability to handle flexible hours at times
- Successful completion of DOT Physical and Drug screen
- Ability to work in dusty environment
- Ability to handle "on the road" situations that develop from time to time (snow - ice-accidents)
- Ability to work at 15' heights consistently
- Ability to climb ladders consistently
- Ability to lift up to 66 pounds on occasion
- Basic math skills
- Ability to handle permit size loads possibly grossing 95,000 lbs.