Assistant Corporate Controller
- - Corporate Administration
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Assistant Corporate Controller
DEPARTMENT: Financial Reporting & Analysis
Supervised by: Controller
Supervises: Financial Analyst
This position is responsible for leading the reporting and analysis of financial information that will be used in decision making by company management and shared with the Board of Directors. The position will focus on financial reporting, planning, and analysis efforts for the The Wenger Group and Subsidiaries. The position will serve as a business partner to operations of three subsidiaries; Wenger Feeds, Dutchland Farms, Wenger Corporate Services. This position will lead the annual budget process and oversee the annual audit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: [Consider order...]
- Lead the financial reporting team through financial reporting close activities and budgeting preparation processes.
- Lead direct reports listed above through performance management processes including coaching and talent development to grow a high performing finance team.
- Report and analyze direct costs and inventory activities of Wenger Feeds mill production and share insights with mill management.
- Report and analyze egg sales volumes, margin, and cost of production related to Dutchland Farms.
- Create and maintain, financial reports for various internal customers. Includes P&L reporting, metric based reporting, cost center summaries, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Review and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts each period.
- Assist non-financial team members to better understand financial reporting, accounting concepts, and business performance.
- Provide backup and assistance for other positions in the department as requested.
- Participate on committees or project teams as required or directed by Controller.
- Direct activities of team members and manage documentation and communication to support the annual financial statement audit.
- Perform additional responsibilities within the department as requested.
- Travel to company operating locations as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and seven to ten years of progressive experience, including at least three years of management experience.
- CPA or CMA license preferred
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving skills, and computer skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude. Works well with finance and non-finance team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of organization, plans and executes work effectively, and able to work with confidential information.