Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant
- - Dairy Support
- Gordonville , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION – SALES AND NUTRITION
Position : Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant
Location : Home Based/Assigned Territory
Reports to : Dairy Business Manager
Direct Reports : None
External : Dairy producers.
Internal : Manufacturing and Customer Service, Nutrition.
Travel : ~ 70% within the Territory
FLSA Status : Exempt
Whether it's our innovative Strategic Feed Nutrient Management program or our belief in meeting today's needs, with an emphasis on people, planet and prosperity, for company growth without compromising future generation's needs or The Company's triple ISO certification for (Quality), (Environmental Management), and (Occupational Health and Safety), Wenger Feeds is on-the-move to delivering exceptional value to the Mid-Atlantic marketplace. As the 5th largest independent feed company in the U.S., our three full-line dairy feed production mills bring a new level of value offerings to today's progressive dairy producer.
The Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant position shall be responsible to deliver value-adding nutrition, and operational consultation to dairy farms while generating sales of feed and product solutions which meet or exceed established objectives.
The Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant shall be responsible for managing and building a portfolio of dairy farm customers for successful and timely achievement of the projected revenue, tonnage, customer development and market share metrics.
This position requires acting in a responsible manner when working with sensitive and/or confidential material and interacting with diverse personalities across multiple internal and external functions in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and dynamic environment. A high degree of personal accountability is required.
Wenger Feeds has the opportunity and responsibility to grow. We know that our expertise in technical services, manufacturing, and commercial excellence lays a strong foundation for the future. The Dairy Sales and Nutrition Consultant will engage the market in new ways by collecting insights to meet customer needs and then executing to deliver value to internal and external customers.
Strategy and Revenue
- Participate in the development of a Territory strategic plan. Lead and drive the implementation of the strategic plan to position Wenger Feeds as the leading Dairy nutrition and feed manufacturer in the region.
- Develop and execute a sales, product, customer, and prospect development strategy for the Territory to meet or exceed tonnage, revenue, and margin contribution budgetary goals.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with key dairy farm influencers.
- Gain thorough understanding of competition's offerings and tactics while continuously collecting and reporting on market intelligence.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet budget expectations.
- Use Consultive Selling approach to "own' the professional relationship with the customer.
- Be "on call" as the primary customer contact within the company and resolve customer issues promptly. with the support of TWG and ensure follow-up and issues are resolved to customer's satisfaction.
- Provide ration formulation services and herd health and productivity insights to customers.
- Provide forage evaluations, feeding recommendations, and lab analysis interpretation.
- Timely follow-up of customer accounts receivable as necessary.
- Maintain timely and thorough customer records.
- Complete all reporting on-time and with sufficient detail.
- Proven track record of effective relationship management experience including prospecting, relationship building, closing sales, and after-sales support.
- Core personal qualities:
- Engaged, pro-active and an optimistic attitude
- Ability to hold conversations and ask articulate and complete questions to develop a deep comprehension and perspective around complex customer needs and situations.
- Be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Dairy nutrition and ration balancing; ability to use dairy formulation and management software.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Maintain periods of travel by car and a flexible schedule for availability at times that meets industry or customer needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of dairy production.
- Bachelor's degree in animal sciences or Agribusiness related area.
- 1-2 years' sales experience in animal feed, feed ingredients, or livestock nutrition.
- Direct dairy production experience.