Quality and Continual Improvement Specialist
- - Quality Assurance
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
Title : Quality & Continual Improvement Specialist
Supervised by : Quality & Food Safety Manager
Supervises : None
Location : Corporate Office, Rheems
Travel : About 60% to mills in the network
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The position Quality & Continual Improvement Specialist will provide leadership in the areas of quality, compliance, and continual improvement across Wenger Feeds network. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of the Quality Assurance (QA) program and assessing whether all critical quality control points in the manufacturing and customer related areas are being monitored and reported.
- Performing independent tests of quality following defined sampling processes to assess the effectiveness of manufacturing process controls at all critical points.
- Evaluating finished feed testing programs to assess if they are adequately designed to determine if all customer specifications and expectations are being met in manufacturing and the formulation processes.
- Reviewing instances of non-conformance to assess if there are systemic quality ramifications and reviewing the proposed preventive and corrective actions in controlling incidence of non-conformances from a design and effectiveness perspective.
- Implementing, training, and qualifying the Wenger System and Certified Processes (ISO – Quality, Environmental and Safety) at the assigned Wenger Feeds locations, and contribute to the general mill network.
- Driving continual improvement of quality in manufacturing and customer related processes as an ambassador of Wenger Feeds.
- Performing customer quality control activities such as receiving, analyzing, trouble shooting and settling quality related feedback in enhancing the customer experience.
- Assisting the Quality & Food Safety Manager in compliance with local, state, federal and customer audits of quality management systems.
- Collaborating with the Quality Systems Administrator in developing an Internal audit program, training a select set of team members and implementing across the mill network.
- Staying abreast with the latest developments in the feed mill segment through industry event participation, interactions with industry leaders, attending seminars, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the management.
- A Bachelor's degree in agricultural field with knowledge on feed ingredients and animal feed.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the areas of manufacturing, pelleting, sampling techniques, quality control, compliance, regulatory and food safety.
- PCQI and SQF Certified or willing to be.
- Working knowledge of corrective action programs, ISO or Safe Feed Safe Food or related certified processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Dairy Feed production and related practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and behaviors, verbal and written communication, group presentations, organizational skills, and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values: Integrity, Quality, Respect, Safety & Stewardship
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts