Mill Shift Supervisor
- - Shippensburg Mill
- Shippensburg , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Mill Shift Supervisor
Supervised by: Mill Manager, Mill Supervisor
Supervises: Mill Technicians
The Mill Shift Supervisor is the first level of leadership at the mill. They oversee and assist in the daily production of feed and receipt of ingredients as well as scheduling, assigning and training mill personnel on scheduled shifts. To accomplish these responsibilities, they will effectively collaborate with quality, procurement, nutrition, and transportation areas of the Company as it relates to feed produced on their shift. Additionally, these supervisors are highly knowledge of the quality assurance program as it pertains to all mill processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise, train and evaluate Mill Technicians on assigned shift.
- · Assist in the training and enforcement of all environmental, quality, and food safety policies and procedures.
- Effectively and efficiently operate all areas of the mill.
- Oversee and assist in the production of feed on assigned shift effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and appearance of the facility throughout the shift as determined by the Mill Supervisor. Assign and conduct housekeeping activities.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to minimize incidence of injury and reduce amount of recordable injuries.
- Ensure quality processes are adhered to and all personnel are knowledgeable of key quality assurance practices in areas where they are working.
Ingredient and Inventory Management
- Monitor and keep accurate ingredient/grain and bagged inventories.
- Effectively communicate with Transportation, Logistics, Nutrify and the outside mills.
Transportation and Delivery
- Supervise shift workload to promote efficient loading of finished feed
- Enforce environmental, quality, and food safety policies and procedures.
- Investigate, communicate and report feed related issues on their shift
Administrative and Other
- Maintain usage reports and operational records as needed.
- Navigate, use and understand Wenger System and Laserfiche, as appropriate.
- Function in an "on call" capacity.
- Ability to fill in on other shifts as needed including weekends and overtime.
- Complete required training in a timely manner.
- Assume duties during absence of Mill Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as determined by Mill leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum requirement of a high school degree or equivalent
- Able to perform all functions of Mill Technician II
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a feed mill or comparable manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of feed manufacturing techniques, equipment operation and maintenance preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Possess an advanced knowledge level of animal nutrition
- Ability to understand and follow Food Safety Standards – FSMA and SQF and State regulations
- Proficient math skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Positive attitude
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrates safe behavior and ability to follow policies and procedures
- General maintenance skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid oral and written communication skill
- Ability to operate various types of feed mill and related machinery
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in dusty conditions